Saturday, October 17, 2015

Sleep, glorious sleep


Clever girl slept from 9pm until 8.30am last night, beating her brothers outright for the first all-nighter.  Oscar managed it at 4 months when we first moved him to his own room.  Leo managed it at 10 months when I went out for my birthday.  I always suspected the babysitter of having left him to cry it out, something I'd never had the heart to do.  With both boys it was a bit of a one-off:  Oscar continued to wake regularly until I "sleep trained" him (the very gentle no-tears version) when he was 8 months old, while Leo continued to wake regularly until he stopped breastfeeding when he was 17 months old, and only started sleeping consistently through the night a few months ago!  So I'm not taking last night as anything more than a welcome, one-off break from disrupted sleep - especially now that I have put it in writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment