Sunday, November 29, 2015

La petite souris

Oscar's second baby tooth fell out this morning, during a game of football (he's held onto his baby teeth for a lot longer than his peers).  He proudly showed it off during dinner, and then lost it, somewhere between the kitchen counter and the dinner table. He was fairly devastated, and cried at bedtime because the little mouse wouldn't come to give him money. He doesn't believe in the tooth fairy - who purportedly came to Priory Farm to get his first tooth in July - because "everyone knows fairies make a buzzing noise as they fly, and [he] would have heard her".  But he does believe in the little mouse, which is the French version.

This came after a long conversation about whether Oscar believed in Father Christmas or not - mostly not, though he concedes that perhaps Father Christmas delivers presents to children and grown-ups who have lost their parents or whose parents are spending Christmas elsewhere.

I promised Oscar I would look everywhere for his tooth.  Instead I found this:


How fortunate that the mice at no.72 have learned how to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment