Thursday, November 12, 2015

Papou

Papou has become a very big part of our lives now that he has moved to Hill House, only three roads away from us.  Most weeks, when he is in London, I have lunch with him twice or even 3 times in the week.  On those occasions, he likes to coo at Audrey.  He never seems to tire of the fabulous smiles he elicits from her - no one does, but Papou and the boys seem to be even more thrilled than everybody else.


He also occasionally comes with me to pick Leo up, and he is with us a couple of evenings per week, to read the boys a story or do some Lego with Oscar.  His appearance at our front door always elicits a very loud cry of joy from Leo (who needs little excuse to get overexcited and loud) and a quieter one from Oscar (who was no different at 3 but has become more quiet).


On the weekend Papou will often come to watch Oscar play football, especially the home games in Brockwell Park.  I don't have any pictures to prove it because I'm usually too busy filming Dynamo, aka the Blue Devils (my nickname), Oscar's football team.  I do have an after-game shot, however, taken when 17 of us descended upon the Pizza Express in Herne Hill.  More cooing from the enamoured grand-father:


No comments:

Post a Comment